Lowell’s Points of Light Cultural Celebration Committee is seeking individuals and organizations that can help run family-friendly activities at the Points of Light Cultural Celebration, from 5 pm to the 8 pm lantern launch on Saturday, May 11.
Activities could include the following:
- A special craft or art project
- A lawn game tournament
- Supervision of special play equipment
- Any other activities that could be fun for kids, adults, and families!
The Committee is especially interested in:
- Groups sharing their culture through traditional games or activities
- Activities that allow participation from a wide range of ages and skills
- Activities that provide entertainment for spectators
- Activities that involve light and that could take place around sunset
- Games or activities that will be promoted by the individual or organization to bring new audiences to Points of Light
Activities could take place on a lawn or in a paved area, but must not be destructive/dangerous to the lawn. Activities must be supervised during the activity time from 5 pm to 8 pm.
Several activities will be selected by the committee. Stipends are available depending on the nature of the activity. If interested, please contact Chris at email@example.com with qualifications or questions. This call will be open until filled, so submit inquires as soon as possible!