Points of Light is recruiting for two committees: A Community Advisory Committee which will meet three times and provide community feedback about our festival, and a Working Group that will take on the tasks that make our festival possible.
Community Advisory Committee
The Community Advisory Committee will represent diverse backgrounds and help guide the future of the festival. The Advisory Committee would meet with representatives from the Points of Light Working Group and brainstorm and provide guidance on activities, traditions, music, and other aspects of the festival.
- Committee will meet three times on weekday evenings in the months of November, January, and March. Times will be determined with a poll.
- Term is one year, with no term limits.
- Meetings will by hybrid (in person in Lowell and via Zoom).
- The only responsibilities between meetings are to spread the word about the festival and to share calls for artists, community performances or presentations, solicitations for nonprofit or for-profit vendors, and similar calls.
Points of Light is seeking Working Group members who will volunteer their time to manage aspects of the festival. This is a volunteer position that involves as much or as little time as you would like to donate to the festival. You can pick one or more aspects to help with:
- Planning Lantern Sessions
- Food Vendors
- Community Connections
- Volunteer Coordination
- Green Team